Visakhapatnam gas tragedy
Visakhapatnam Gas Tragedy
The gas named styrene leaked in the early hours around 2:30 to 3:00 AM in Visakhapatnam over 15 members died and 5000 people were affected with this gas.
The styrene gas was leaked through the multinational LG polymers plant at RR. Venkatapuram village near Visakhapatnam, many people lying unconscious on the pavement, near ditches, and on the road, raising fears of major industrial disaster. The toxic gas styrene spread over a 5 km radius from the polymer plant in Visakhapatnam.
Majority of deaths because of becoming unconscious and fell into borewells. The CM of Andhra Pradesh Sri Jagan Mohan reddy announced 1 crore to the families of the deceased and set up a high-level committee to investigate the tragedy. Next CM Jagan garu visited the people who are affected.
The styrene is a flammable liquid that is used to make polystyrene plastics, fiberglass, rubber, and latex. It occurs naturally in some fruits, vegetables, meats, nuts, and beverages. Styrene is used to make Insulation. Styrene is produced directly by dehydrogenation of ethylbenzene in the presence of the dehydrogenation catalyst and steam (heat).
The rescue operations are still running.
We are developing the educational content for M.sc and more in the future. For reading the beta content follow textsearch.biz please subscribe to us on both blog and websites. Visit again
We are constantly improving ourselves and trying to give the best content to our users every day. Your donations may help us to develop the content and enable us to serve you with the latest and the oldest of the amazing world facts and educational content.
PLEASE DONATE THROUGH THE FOLLOWING LINK: https://rzp.io/l/textsearchdonations